20061230

Don't Back Down: Leaving Bloglines for the Google Reader

Leaving Bloglines for the Google Reader: "I've been using Bloglines since a couple of days after they launched (a little over forty months now, if memory serves). I've even written a mildly popular Firefox extension for the service - the Bloglines Toolkit. It's safe to say that Bloglines has been a part of my life for a while. But it's time to move on."


The interface of the Google Reader is just better, and while the Bloglines folks have tried to upgrade their offering recently, giving it some small updates to make incremental improvements - it's like putting the proverbial lipstick on a pig."


Ah! I use the bloglines toolkit constantly for web clipping to Breadcrumbs. It's part of the reason that I seldom think of swapping feed readers. I use Rojo for high-volume, low-information feeds and don't think twice about marking all feeds read. Google Reader doesn't seem near as useful as the above, maybe if I found a few more hotkeys it could be.


Tag: ,

No comments: